Saturday, July 31, 2010

PC Timeline: Update

January 2009-July 2009: Think about applying
July 2009: Started application

September 29ish, 2009: Submitted application

October 15ish, 2009: PC calls and says I am not a competitive applicant and language skills would help

March 15ish, 2010: I call PC and update them on my life. (I enrolled in Intermediate Spanish 2 at MTSU and have been volunteering at new places) They say yipee let me send your info on to the next step

Early April 2010: Recruiter calls to schedule interview
Mid April 2010: Interview is a success. He will call if there is placement for me.
April 27, 2010: There is placement and I am nominated for Africa in the Health Extension leaving in September.

May 1, 2010: I get my nomination letter in the mail and schedule medical exams for June 2...medical package is on the way!

June 21, 2010: Mail medical exams
June 29th: Medical Exams received and I have dental clearance

July 27,2010: Receive medical clearance
July 28, 2010: Call from PO and get an invitation for Central/South America instead with a leave date in early September!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats hope you all the best.