Hello hello!!
I am here safe and sound. We made our flight to Peru and then once we landed there were supposed to be buses to pick us up, but they never showed up. Haha. Since there are close to 80 of us in Peru, we all piled into mini vans and headed to our retreat center. After landing in Lima around 930PM we got to the retreat center at 2AM and had to be up at breakfast at 8AM. I am super sleepy and I won't lie, it's been a rough day.
We have been rushed and constantly on the go. I'm overwhelmed with the language and culture, but I feel assured when I get on a schedule and more familiar I will feel at home.
Basically today I learned today that I thought I could speak Spanish, but come to find out I am terrible. I learned who to call when I have diarrhea or when I am puking. I also learned how to tell if my money is fake. I'm basically a Peruvian now! Keep me in your prayers and please mail me letters!!!
(Please try not to send packages over 1.1 pounds because I am going to have to pay to get them I think and I really don't have the time for it to go through customs here and it's really expensive for me...but send letters!!!) Tomorrow I meet my host family!
No comments:
Post a Comment