Saturday, September 25, 2010

A night out!

I have officially been in Peru for one week and it feels like 3 months. Last night me and 6 friends went to Chosica again, but this time not for class. It was for pizza and beer. We had an awesome time celebrating. The Peruvian beer isn’t like the American beer. One bottle here is almost triple the size of one beer in the US, but one bottle here is supposed to be shared among others. We didn’t do that. We had one for each person! Haha. After lots of laughs, beer and pizza we went to Plaza Vea again to shop. If you don’t remember, this place is like the Wal-Mart of Peru. They have everything!! I bought a folder (that sucks) for my homework, a soccer ball and a few other necessities. I also bought my family more chocolate. They get so excited when I bring that home. Oh and it was really creepy, but a person dressed like Elmo was just walking around the store.
On the way back to Chaclacayo we had some trouble in the combi. We told the guy what stop we needed and he said ok, but when we came to one of the stops he kept going. When we asked him to stop he said he didn’t understand us. We kept telling him over and over where we needed to get off but he turned his back to us like an a-hole. The locals on the bus yelled at him where we wanted to go because they did understand. Finally he let us off way pass where we needed to be, but oh well. He was a hater of us gringos. We had to walk about 30-40 minutes in the dark at 9PM to our houses. Luckily my friend BJ lives just down the road from me so I didn’t have to go too far alone. My neighborhood is very safe, but it’s the dogs that creep me out. All the old ladies see me and say, “Hola gringa.”
In class yesterday we had a pretty shocking session. It was all about nutrition in Peru and how we would gain soooo much weight if we don’t watch out. They say regardless we will gain, but if we are careful it won’t be much. This weekend I am going to come up with a good workout routine. I live at the top of a hill so it’s not the best running area. Plus there is a new dog in town that almost ripped my face off yesterday when going to my classes. Luckily he was on a chain and I got my rabies shot a few days ago! It’s so weird to see so many dogs on roofs. This one dog a few houses down is so small and his bark is so big I am waiting for him to bark himself off the roof when I pass by.
My little sister has been sick. She was throwing up in the bathroom the night before last and then when I came home from Chosica she wouldn’t leave me alone. It’s not that I don’t want to be around her, but I would rather not have her germs because so far I haven’t been sick. Lol. She is a sweet girl, but I have to tell her I am going to bed for her to leave me alone. She is a typical 5 year old. Oh well. Speaking of being sick, the PC doctors taught us all about the different level of diarrhea. Now when we volunteers have free time we can talk about what level we are at on that day!
Not sure what the plan is for tonight, but we will see. I did do my laundry today. We have a washing machine for shirts, but hand wash pants. My hands are basically raw now. I had to climb on the roof to dry everything. My VS panties are looking GOOD blowing in the breeze!
And one last thing I find hilarious and weird, all the other volunteers talk about my “country” accent! I had no idea I had an accent, but people say they love hearing me talk. Lol. Gah! It’s soooo weird.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ahahaha. i laughed out loud at the breezing of your vs undies!