I have finished staging! All 78 people of Peru group 16 are waiting at the DC airport for our delayed flight to Miami. If it doesn't delay any further, we won't miss our flight to Peru. Haha. I guess the delayed flight is getting us ready for Peruvian Standard Time...which I hear always runs a little late. Right now we are the biggest group to go to Peru in the PC history of Peru.
Staging was great. We played a lot of ice breaker type games and talked about our anxieties and aspirations. There was paperwork to finish up and junk stuff like that.
Oh and before I even got to staging I met people. We all started to find each other in the airport. I mean there aren't too many people walking around dressed in business casual who are wearing hiking backpacks and pulling duffle bags that are overly stuffed. I have started to get to know a lot of amazing people. Everyone I have met is so like-minded and just fun to be around. We are all excited to head to Peru and to get to know each other. A group of us went out last night and had our last US beer and pizza. Lol. It was a necessary stress reliever. My amazing friend Whitney came up and joined us for a little bit. I'm glad someone I know has already met my new friends! It was good just to get out and relax a little bit. That's all for now! I think I may go hunt down a Starbucks or go find more food! Hopefully my next update will be from Peru! Love and miss you all!
1 comment:
Glad you made it safe and sound, hope all is good for you, keep us posted.
Post a Comment