Saturday, October 2, 2010

Typical day

I thought I would make a short blog on just a, “typical day,” that way you have a better idea of what my schedule is like and what I actually do. I wake up around 7ish every morning and then eat breakfast around 7:15ish. Breakfast always consists of bread with cheese and pineapple jam. To some this may sound horrible, but I love it and love eating it every morning. With my bread I have a cup of coffee that could rip Starbucks a new one. I have finally learned the right proportions and perfect combination of ingredients for my coffee now.
I leave the house around 7:40ish and meet with my friends and we either walk to the Center or to a volunteers house for Spanish class depending on what day it is. We have Spanish class from 8am-12pm. Class is taught in Spanish by my teacher Isa. We play tons of fun games, go talk to random people in the street and etc. After class I have lunch. If I am at the Center, my mom sends lunch with me, but if I am at a volunteer’s house I go home for lunch and then head to the center afterwards. Lunch always consists of fruit (banana or oranges usually), white rice, chicken and potatoes combined.
After lunch we have some type of session. It may be about security, health, non-formal education or etc. These sessions are from 1-5. They are usually pretty interactive and fun. We play a lot of cool games and talk about what to expect at site. (It’s different every day)
After those sessions I usually head home and study or visit with my family. Dinner is around 7 and I go to bed around 9 or 10. I normally go to my room about an hour before I want to sleep that way I can just have alone time. When I am home I work on homework, study, visit with family, shower, use the internet or etc. Dinner is usually the exact same food I had for lunch, but heated up. If I don’t go straight home me and friends usually wonder around the city or go hang out places for a little bit. I am in the process of creating a workout for each week and I will have to find time to put that somewhere. It may not seem like it, but I stay pretty busy. These weeks of training don’t allow me free time usually.

No comments: