Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Site Assignment!

Quick update! I got my site assignment today! I am going to live in the Department of Piura and in the providence of Morropon. My community is called Pamparumbe and it has a grand total of 234 people. My assignment says that I have a mom, dad and sister who is 14 years old. I don’t have a lot of clear details about my city, family and living situations, but I am headed there tomorrow night for 10 days so I doubt I will have internet until I come back to Chaclacayo, but stay tuned and wish me luck! (I also get my cell phone tomorrow!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats.

M said...

Hello Kaitlyn,
my name is Mathilde and I have been a Peace Corps Volunteer in Northwest China (Lanzhou) for almost a year and a half. I want to transfer to work in youth development in Peru and am trying to contact PCV in that field in Peru to answer a few questions but PC China admin cannot give me the Peru admin contact. Would you mind getting in touch via email so that I can bother you with my questions or get in touch with any fellow Youth Development Peru PCV? I would really appreciated. Thank you so much. Mathilde, PCV China 15 (mverillaud at gmail.com )