I am packing my rain boots I got from Target. Needless to say, I am doing my best on not getting soaked. "The Resolve Jacket is a mesh-lined, waterproof, breathable, seam-sealed jacket equipped for hard play in the worst weather." Hard play and worst weather is a pretty durable sounding combo. Follow along and we will soon find out. I think the rainy season is coming up!!
My raincoat:

I already bought an awesome duffle bag that will roll or you can pack like a backpack. The duffle and hiking backpack are going to be my two checked bags and then I bought a small normal backpack for my carry on. (I am only allowed 80lbs for my luggage) I also have been out shopping for some new clothes to take. It’s going to be turning into Summer when I arrive so I am getting t-shirts and tank tops that are going on sale here because it is about to be Winter. I am buying a new Netbook laptop to take and other than that I am done for buying things. My iPod is broken so I am probably going to have to get one of those too. It’s not that I need a lot of stuff to take, it’s that the items I do need happen to be really expensive. Oh well, I am just going to consider it my Christmas and birthday presents for the next 2.3 years.
I finally finished all my paperwork PC has sent so far. I should be getting another lump in the mail pretty soon and then once I finish that I should be done until staging in D.C.
I have started to make friends with a lot of the people going with me. We have a nice little Facebook group and we have been talking about all our hopes, dreams, fears and etc. I think we are going to be a pretty fun and interesting group. Right now we are trying to plan some fun things to do outside of training. Peru 15 is going to be epic...that's right. Epic.
I don’t think it has really hit me yet that I am leaving everyone and everything for 2.3 years. I am very excited and honestly I wish I was leaving next week. Right now though I am focusing on saying my goodbyes. It frightens me that some of the goodbyes will most likely be permanent due to the status of the individuals health. I do know that I am probably going to be having plenty of visitors so that makes it a little easier. My cousin Erin takes trips to Peru all the time so I am most likely going to get to see her and my best friend Lee will be coming to visit sometime. My parents are also going to come and visit. If they could all spread out their visits over the 2.3 years that would be great. I would always be expecting a visitor! Haha.
My hiking backpack:

My rain pants:

And now for my packing pile, Ernesto:

(a little fyi: the rug, basket and cd's are not going with) I get so stressed with this packing. I start to do add more and then re-arrange and then I just end up getting an angry mix of frustration and stressfulness and I leave. Eventually I am going to have to face Ernesto and show him how we do things.
Well it's starting to rain right now, kinda makes me wish I had my raincoat to go run and perform hail marys about Peru.
No comments:
Post a Comment