Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thank You


I feel that it is necessary to at least write a post saying thank you to the people who have supported me during all of this. I started this process just about a year ago and never thought I would be leaving this soon. I am so excited about Peru. I have been talking to others on facebook who are going with me and I know that my decision in serving is exactly what I want.

I want to thank all my friends and family. This has been a stressful and intense process and without you all I don't think I could have done it. My professors (Prof. Keel, Dr. K, Prof. Alligood and Prof. Quarles) have encouraged me the whole way and not to mention, reminded me how my resume will sparkle. They are the best professors at MTSU and opened my eyes to many topics that pushed me to do great things. Without their encouragement and excitement I'm not sure I would have been able to keep going.

I have to thank my best friend Lee. He is the best friend anyone could ask for. He has listened to me talk about anything and everything PC for the last year and bless him for not killing me. Lee is always there for the good and bad and ups and downs. He has supported me from the start and is already planning a trip to come and see me! Lee is my backbone and it will kill me to have to leave and be so far away from him, but I know when I return it will be like I never left.

My family was not thrilled about this idea when I first told them, but they have supported me. They don't want to see me leave, but I think deep down they know I will be doing good things and bettering myself and others along the way. I love them all and I hate to leave. My parents are excited for me and scared too, but at least it's good to know that they want to also plan a trip to see me and hopefully try to get me home for next Christmas.

I want to thank my manager at Victoria's Secret, Salleye. Salleye has also listened to me go on and on about PC and she also wrote a recommendation letter too! She was great to work my schedule around when I needed too and I know she will be anxious to hear what I get myself into while in Peru. Many of the VS girls were supportive and kept me excited about going. My old boss at the radio station, Mark, and his family have also been beyond supportive. Mark wrote a reference letter too and has been a great friend.

The people above are the ones who have always been there for me and have been there for it all. I love you all and please keep in touch. I also want to say thank you to the people who comment on this freakin blog and make me feel like someone is reading it. Haha. There have been over a thousand people along the way who have encouraged me and helped me out in this process and if you aren't mentioned, thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your welcome... :)